Sunday, November 18, 2012

Getting back to me....a long journey

Having a baby messes with your mind and body. It took me 9 months to gain 35ish pounds but as soon as Lazar came out I want to have my pre-preggo body back. Its pretty vain but I miss my leaner frame and my clothes, sigh.  I am subjected to stretchy clothes at this moment. I am not ready to workout yet because I still have some healing to do. Slowly but surely I'll get back into a workout routine, most likely in a month's time or so. It will definitely have to be once I can get more than 2 hour sleeping sprints in the middle of the night.

 My "getting back to me plan":
  • Skin:  My skin took a toll this pregnancy.  Its blotchy and uneven which my doctor tells me is totally normal and due to the hormones.  I am now back to using my retinol cream (can't use retinols while pregnant), "Green Cream" and am already seeing my discolorations fade.  My skin is a big peeling mess as a result but I know in a weeks time it will acclamate and be fine. On my way to having my skin back!
  • Weight:  I know, I know, I just had a baby but I can't help to long getting back into my skinny jeans (I just bought a scale today too).  I know the weight will come off naturally but the muscle tone doesn't come back overnight.  Once my healing is complete (4-6 weeks) I will be picking up weights again and joining a cycling class to get my ass into shape.  For now I am wearing a girdle and though it sounds like something an old lady would where it does wonders for pulling all the jingly things in along with helping ease my lower back pain.  I swear it quickens the whole tummy flattening.
  • Diet:  Well not a "lose" weight diet because I am breastfeeding so I need the extra calories.  I can make "better" choices in what I eat.  Maybe a Snickers at 3am is not the best option.  I am stocking up on veggies and fruit from here on.  Well a Snickers here and there doesnt hurt right?
Now that I have written it out I have to follow my plan.  Hoping in a few months time I'll have glowing skin and a body I'm close to happy with.   It's going to be a long journey.......triple sigh.

Love,
First Gen Fam

No comments:

Post a Comment