Thursday, October 25, 2012

Surprise Baby Shower

When approached with the idea of doing a second baby shower I thought, nah.  I am having another boy and we really took care of our stuff so I really didn't need much.  You still need "new" stuff but not that huge list of things you needed the first time round.  My sister and I decided we would do a "spa day" to celebrate. Or at least that is what I thought.  This past weekend she invited me to her house to enjoy a casual BBQ to welcome home her bf's father home from a 6 month trip.  I didn't think anything of it.  We do family BBQs all the time.  Stan, Maksim and I were completely surprised to find she and her boyfriend's family threw us a mini baby shower.  The party had the cutest details because that is what my sister is all about (look at the diaper plane structure she created in the photos below).  She said that baby #2 had to have his own party as well and feel special. And special he did feel.  It was great to spend an evening enjoying amazing food and good company. A big thank you to everyone that came and especially to Jelena (the best Aunt ever, Maksim is wild about her) for organizing the best party ever.

Check out all the cute details at the bottom.  I especially loved the DIY onesies every made for the baby!


Love,
First Gen Fam

No comments:

Post a Comment