Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Tip 100 : Dress Up Your Shoes

If you personally know me you know that I love to accessorize.   My side business forces me to buy lots of vintage jewelry (I am not complaining!) at local estate sales and flea markets.  I have an abundance of vintage jewelry especially clip-on earrings.  I am trying to be better about incorporating them in various ways into my wardrobe.  I do not wear clip-on earrings, for one they hurt, and anyway I am more of a small stud earring type of gal.  I use clip-on earrings in many various ways but for this post I wanted to share their use as shoe clips. I was inspired by my last Anthropologie shopping trip when I noticed a pair of flats with a mini jewel on the toe for about $150.  Above is my cheap chic version. I instantly dressed up my pair of affordable plain flats with some vintage rhinestone clip-on earrings.  Typically I wear them in the front but you can wear them on the sides or even the back of your shoes but that might be uncomfortable depending on the shoe or clip-on earring.  This can be done with brooches too, but remember it can cause noticeable holes if you decide to take them out. What's nice about this whole concept is you don't have to commit.  You can easily keep your shoes plain or rotate between clip-on earrings to achieve different looks.

Love,
First Gen Fam

2 comments:

  1. Great post, you have really lovely blog!:-)
    Would you like to follow each other? M.

    My blog in english:
    http://illusoireblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You have a great blog that I am now following!

      Delete