Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Weekend Full of Friends


My weekend actually started Thursday night when we got to hang out with our good friends Anthony and Dane at Tofu House.  We all got the dumpling tofu stew which arrives at your table lava hot. I always burn myself due to my impatient appetite but it's so worth it.  To cool us down we headed next door to Tapioca Express Tea and Coffee where I swear we were at least 10 years older than everyone.  My age insecurities were quickly washed away by my mango milk tea boba and we spent the next hour cracking jokes and stealing really awesome boba straws.  

I took the day off on Friday and spent it with Stan.  With my wonderful aunt being in town we had the luxury of having a date day.  We headed to the movies to see Hunger Games.  I have the books and really would have liked to read them before but I am deep into the Game of Thrones book series.  Once I submerge myself into a series there is no deviating from it.  The Hunger Games books will have to just wait patiently.  Plus, I hear there are no dragons in the Hunger Games triology and that is one of my major requirements. When I shop for a new series to get into at a local Borders or Barnes I head straight for the fantasy novel section where the covers of the books to some are ridiculous. You know the ones I am talking about.  The ones with dragons, half-breeds, swords....you get the point.  I am a sucker for cheesy fantasy book covers.  Back to the Hunger Games movie; it was very entertaining and had what I thought was an original story. I highly recommend it.  We ended the date day with a banana split sundae at Dairy Queen.  Gosh is it good, there is nothing like it out there.  I am a fan of vampire genre books/movies also, so I finally saw Breaking Dawn Part I courtesy of Stan that same night after Maksim fell asleep.  He is such a good husband to sit through it with me.  It was good but slow in my opinion since they are dragging a single book into two movies. 

Saturday I made a trip to Ikea for breakfast with my aunt, mom, and Maksim.  You cannot beat the 99 cent breakfast, its really simple, eggs, potatoes, bacon, that's it, no frills. Maksim has a new love for pots and pans and not the plastic ones, only metal ones will do for him.  We purchased a set for him and he has been banging them together ever since.  Who knows maybe he will become a chef?  Later we got to go to a special lady's surprise 60th birthday party at Dimilles.  We had the back patio which was remodeled and looked beautiful.  Maksim got to hang with his pal Van and eat some yummy Italian food.  My night ended after that but Stan got a visit from his best friend, Tim.  He brought a belated X-mas gift to Maksim; a sock monkey the plays the trendy Dyamite song that goes..."I came to dance, dance, dance, dance" (you know the song).  Maksim loved it and consistently pressed the button to turn the jam on over and over.  Tim and Stan had a "man night" and hung out at some local bars in University Heights. Tim slept over and I know he regretted giving that sock monkey to Maksim at around 7am.  AlI heard that early morning was "I came to dance, dance, dance, dance."  

Sunday I got a visit from my own friend and Maksim's Godmother, Ollie.  We did as girls must and  spent the afternoon at the mall practically buying the same clothes.  I finally found red jeans!  I will have to post them and some other finds soon.  It started raining so we headed to Cheesecake Factory where we got lucky to get a table at the bar immediately.  No place is good enough to wait 45 minutes even if its raining. We came home and got right into our jammies and Ollie was lucky enough to see Maksim show off some of his dance moves.  Early Monday morning before work I had to drop Ollie off at the airport. I really think its stupid that she lives in San Francisco.  Ollie, I know you will read this.....finish law school and move back to San Diego, that is an order!

Love,
First Gen Fam


No comments:

Post a Comment