Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Update your Look on the Cheap for Spring

I love fashion there is no denying that but buying into the seasons new trends are not within my budget. Here are some wallet friendly updates I have made to my Spring look.

Bright Lips.  It's the hot makeup trend for Spring which will follow into Summer nicely. Whether coral, hot pink, or purple this look is beautifully paired with a clean, no fuss makeup for the rest of the face.  Buying lipsticks or lip glosses in the fun shades can get pricey especially if your like me and only wear bold lips on special occasions.  What I have been doing for years is buying a drugstore lip liner in the shade I desire.  I color in my lips using the lip liner and then top it off with a clear lip balm so its not so dry. Added bonus is lip liner stays on longer than any lipstick I own.
Keep the rest of your makeup simple when wearing a bold lip color

Statement Necklaces were all the rage in 2011 and continue to be popular this spring.  I have created a few by putting together my existing necklaces on ribbon.  The ribbon gives you the freedom to wear your necklace at any length.
See tutorial here
Tangerine.  If you have been to the mall lately you know tangerine is 2012's color.  It's my favorite shade but for some it's a tad too bold to wear as pants or top.  I suggest adding this pop of color with accessories like a scarf, necklace, or handbag.  Accessories like the ones mentioned can be found on the cheap so no need to break the bank.
Colored jeans.  At first I was a little skeptical about this trend but realized that it can be versatile when paired with with neutral colored tops. I recently purchased an affordable pair of red jeans from Cotton On and plan to wear it with nudes and taupes.  I have seen colored jeans that were upwards of $100 or more but luckily retailers like Old Navy and Forever 21 have options for under $30.


If you have any other suggestions on how to update your look for Spring on a budget please share by commenting.

Love,
First Gen Fam

1 comment:

  1. I am OBSESSED with colored jeans - I have pink, green, and red so far. :)

    ReplyDelete