Thursday, August 9, 2012

Sick & Otay

Maksim has been under the weather for a week or so.  He is finally getting better so I am a bit relieved.  The lingering cough, lethargic manner, and loss of appetite still make me a little nervous.  But at least he doesn't have a high temperature.  He is still battling a bad bug but I finally see light at the end of the tunnel.  On top of moving soon his sickness hasn't helped with my overall stress level.  We did find an apartment with a 6 month lease so at least that is something I can check off my list.  Its a huge weight that has been lifted off my shoulders along with Maksim finally getting better.

Some updates I have to record about Maksim so I can look back (basically not forget):

  • He primarily understands Serbian and Russian so I feel like that is a win.  English will come to him easily so I am not worried about that.
  • He is 3 feet tall.  Still a big boy.
  • His eyes are blue!  I kept thinking they were going to change color.  They are a mix of blue/grey and a tinge of green.  
  • Everything is No and/or Okay (or Otay by his pronunciation).  I love asking him questions now and I can't help but to smile when he answers otay.  I thought he would pick up on "yes", "yeah", or "da" at least but otay is here to stay instead.
  • He is able to recite all his facial features, nose, eyes, head, teeth, etc. and some other body parts in Serbian, too cute.
  • He has full on conversations on the phone and person to person.  What is he saying, well I don't speak toddler so its hard to say.
  • He has been eating with adult utensils all by himself for a couple months.  It's cute to watch him go to his table (or our dining room table -  big boy style) sit and eat.
  • I bought him underwear.  I didn't think they made them that little.  They are adorable.  He does tell me at times when he wants to go to the bathroom.  He rips his diaper off and sits on his toilet.  No pee or kaka to hit the bowl yet but at least he is willing to learn and has the patience; now its just about consistency on our end.
  • He says hi and waves his hand to everyone that is passing.  
  • He let the doctor at his sick visit check his ears, oxygen level, and even said "ahh" so she can check his throat.  All without complaining or crying.  We and the doctor herself were so impressed at what good boy he was at taking directions.  He is growing up.
  • He slapped my prego belly for the first time yesterday and said "baby."  Melted my heart.
Love,
First Gen Fam

2 comments: