Thursday, August 30, 2012

We are Officially Moved.....+ Maksim Updates

Our first home, cleaned and all moved out.
We are now officially moved into our new rental place yet we are still living out of boxes. I have so far organized the bathrooms and kitchen with the help of my Aunt Mika which has been a godsend.  I did a major purge too (5 large boxes worth!) which felt uplifting. I didn't do any heavy lifting due to being 7 months pregnant but organizing really has taken a toll on my lower back.  Just to think once we find a place to buy I will be doing this all over again....cringe.  Moving sucks but it's for the best.  Our old place officially closed escrow yesterday which was bittersweet.  When we dropped off our keys last night my heart sank a bit.  Lots of great memories were spent there.  It was our first home together and we brought Maksim home from the hospital there too.  Maksim really didn't have to adjust to the new place which made things easy.  He is having fun going through the boxes and essentially making a mess.

Now for some Maksim updates:
  • Breaking news!  Maksim has went pee in his potty now twice!!!!  Twice I said!  This is huge and we give him a standing ovation which he loves.  Now if we can get him potty trained before the baby comes would be a miracle.  
  • His vocabulary is really expanding.  He is constantly saying "over there."  Its his first official English sentence.  Other words have been play, hot, kaka, moon, one, two, all done, cheese, and other misc Russian/Serbian words.  Some words that come out of his mouth really come to a surprise to us.  I guess we can thank Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for that.  I really realized he almost understands everything we tell him.  Does he listen all the time, well no.  
  • Maksim and I are both healthy again.  His appetite is back to normal which means he eats a lot!  He has a new found passion for french fries, fish, and M&Ms.  
Love,
First Gen Fam

No comments:

Post a Comment