Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

Us in the hipster heat at the M83 Concert.
Seriously the best shot we could get during the 4D ultrasound.  I call this picture "balls."

This weekend was a busy one; what's new right?  I got offered a free 4D ultrasound to see my "baby in belly."  My doctor's office purchased a new machine and needed some preggo ladies for training.  I figured why not, its free.  We were pretty excited to see the little guy's face truth be told.   Did we see it?  No.  He decided not to show face after I tried to switch sides, jump, move around, etc.  He gave us nothing.  So in the end I am glad it was free.  We did get a cool little video and a great shot of his baby balls.  No doubt it's a boy.  Stan and I had a little date later that evening.  We headed out to see M83 in concert.  Great concert and we really enjoyed the opening local band, Hyena.  We made it out a little early because it got so hot there and it was getting tough trying to swim through a sea of hipsters at almost 30 weeks pregnant.
Ashvin blowing out his bday candle.

Saturday we got to go to Maksim's buddy's (Ashvin) 2nd bday party.  My little guy had so much fun that he took a nice long 3.5 hour nap after.  I guess that is what trains, trucks, pools, and cupcakes do to an active toddler.  Later that evening my long time friend, Nada, came into town to enjoy a few days of Krimerman company.
Nada and I.  Sushi Ra.
Jelena and Dusan (Sushi Ra)
On Sunday the gals enjoyed an afternoon of shopping.  My feet are still hating me.  Later that evening we headed out to Sushi Ra for late night happy hour.
Causing trouble at the pool party.  Papa and Maksim.
We finished our long weekend with a pool birthday party on Monday.  Enjoyed some good food, sun, and people.

Updates:

  • We finally got a dining table for our place so we are no longer eating off of Maksim's kid Ikea table.
  • The new place is almost organized!  Another week and we should be all set!
  • Maksim says the word "hot" now; probably because summer is still in full swing in San Diego.  
  • My favorite word that Maksim says now is "waitttttt," it is too hilarious.
  • Maksim has officially learned to put on his fireman boots.  If I don't hear him for a long time while he is in his room I know he is working on getting them on. Fashion does take time.  
Maksim and his fireman boots.  He now says "cheese" for pictures.
Love,
First Gen Fam

1 comment:

  1. OH that seems like such a FUN weekend.

    XO,adropofbliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete