Thursday, September 13, 2012

New Products I Love...

Since I am limited to buying any clothing at this time due to my jolly-physique I have been on a beauty product kick.  Here are some of my new favorites:

Wet n Wild Megalast Lipcolor
I love all the makeup trends from the coral to the new fall burgundy lip. There is no easier way to update your makeup than with lipstick.  If I wear any color on my face you will see it on my lips.  I hate to invest in a lipcolor that I may wear a couple times in a season so I stay away from buying them at the departments stores in which they are usually 20 bucks a pop.  After reading many blog reviews I found a cult following for the Wet n Wild Megalast Lipcolor.  For $1.99 each my wallet is happy and it satisfies my need to update my makeup bag.  They claim that these last up to 4 hours and glide on easily.  So far so true.  I ended up getting the following colors:  Carrot Gold, Ravin' Raisin, Sandstorm, and Purty Persimmon.  Check out this blog to see swatches.































Caudalie Anti-Dark Spot and Radiance Set
Due to pregnancy I am definitely producing more pigment.  No it is not in a form of a tan but rather dark spots on my face.  Since I cannot use a retinol product during pregnancy I had to find something else and fast!  With regular visits for facials at Irina Skin Care and the Caudalie set above my face is finally normalizing.  I dont expect a miracle or something overnight but the use of the product have given my face a nice, healthly dewy look while lightening spots on my face.  It smells wonderful as well and I would use it even if I didnt have dark spots to give myself the dewy complexion.  Its $$$ but currently so worth it for me.
Love and Beauty by Forever 21 Nail Polish
This nail polish is $2.80!  Cheap and I swear its the next best thing to a Shellac polish.  They have all the trendy colors and it is long-wear.  Even after a week my nails had no chips.  A-mazing and guilt free.  























MAC Liquidlast Liner
I love a good cat eye.  My problem has always been that after a couple hours the perfect wing is smudged or completely gone due to my oily lids (and yes I have tried primers).  I have found the holy grail of eyeliners for oily lids!  It stays put and when I rub my finger over it, it doesn't even budge.  I truly love it but getting it off is like trying to remove permanent marker.  You better have a good makeup remover that can take off waterproof products.  





















Love,
First Gen Fam



No comments:

Post a Comment