Friday, May 25, 2012

Nada & Kam's Rehearsal

This is the sweetest photo.  Nada and Kam embracing.
 Nada and Stan.  They look like a couple right?


The amazing menu of food at Lidia's for the Rehearsal
Persian party table.
Kam, his mother, and Nada.  

The big reason for our recent trip was to celebrate our best friends getting married, Nada and Kam, in Pittsburgh.  The Serbian and Persian cultures blended beautifully for this celebration.  I have known Nada since we were 12 years old where we met at church camp. She is a beautiful person and the happiest person I know.  Even when something is getting her down she always can spin it into a joke and look on the bright side.  I have to strive to be more like her!  I had the honor of them asking me to be their Kuma, or Godmother. In Serbian tradition, the Kum or Kuma is the Godfather or Godmother of the couple.  During the marriage ceremony I am their "witness" and/or "sponsor" and perform the exchange of the rings.  The Kumovi (Godparent) relationship is a little complicated to explain but simply my understanding of it is we have now become family.  This means our kids cannot get married or even think about it!  I will be the lucky one that baptizes their children as well.  Can't wait!!

The day before the wedding we all enjoyed ourselves at their rehearsal dinner at Lidia's Italian Restaurant.  Food was great but getting to know everyone that night really set the tone for one of the funniest weddings we have ever been too.

Not being able to drink made it tough due to my condition but I made it until 1AM that night.  So proud of myself!  I got the scare of my life later that night when Nada's dog, Cheeba, almost killed me when I walked into her dark home without her.  I guess he was being protective but I swear he was eyeing my jugular!  Ha-ha!

Love,
First Gen Fam

No comments:

Post a Comment