Friday, July 6, 2012

Happy Weekend and Maki News

In Aunt Jelena's tennis shoes.
My belly 21 weeks.  I can still see my shoes at this point!
The weekend is finally here!  I live for the weekends.  I am looking forward to going to Glen Ivy Spa with my bestie, Ollie tomorrow. The plan is to roll around in the mud baths like pigs and lounge around the pool and pretend to be one of the ladies from the Housewives reality shows sans the flat tummy for me.  

Some new things our Maki is doing as of late:

  • Some new words we have heard as of late:  push, boat, and even the word throw (in Serbian).  It surprises us each time.
  • He is a real swimmer.  Kicks, blows bubbles, and splashes water on command at swim lessons and even shows off in the bath tub.  Maki even pushes us away in the water so he can swim on his own (ahh, no way he's not ready for that yet) and wants to jump in by himself.  Fearless I tell you!
  • He started kissing us randomly without being asked.  Its a true heart melter.
  • He is constantly trying to put shoes on himself.  He tends to like his Aunt's tennis shoes the best.  Did I mention he has huge feet!  Size 7 already!
  • Maki can name all the Disney characters from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse now.  I thinking he is understanding more and more because he laughs at the right queues.  
  • Hitting?  Yeah, we are in that phase now.  He doesn't like sharing Mama with Papa. Papa gets a territorial slap from Maki and it's so hard not to laugh.
Have a great weekend everyone!

Love,
First Gen Fam


No comments:

Post a Comment