Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Easy (& Affordable) Summer Maternity Style

Easy Affordable Summer Maternity Style
From the top:
Easy no fuss carry-all bag: Forever 21
Tank top:  Old Navy
Hat for bad hair days: Forever 21
Tinted balm: Sephora
Shorts: Old Navy
Scarf: Old Navy
Rose gold sandals (metallic sandal can be dressed up or down) : Forever 21
Striped dress: ModCloth

If you are like me the last thing you want to do is throw done some $$$ on maternity clothing.  I try to wear (stretch is the better word for it) my non-maternity threads as long as possible.  If I buy new pieces I always consider if I will be able to wear them post baby.  The above pieces are my summer maternity go-tos.  The shorts are the only maternity item up there.  My waist line has passed the point of no return and elastic waists are my only choice.  I like to keep my summer maternity outfits and makeup simple for summer (hence the tinted balm).

My helpful hints for dressing your buddha-esque body for the summer (yet avoiding "maternity" clothes):

  • Accessorize, accessorize, accessorize.......scarves, jewelry, hats.  They are your friends and you will still enjoy their company after the baby comes.  Accessories are the easiest way to dress up an outfit.
  • Buy long stretchy tanks/tops that are long enough to cover your growing belly. Once the belly fades the tank will still look good.
  • Dresses with stretch or empire waists.  Make sure they are long enough too.  That hemline creeps up as that belly grows.  For me, maxi dresses are a must!  
  • Don't pay big bucks on maternity clothes.  If you must buy maternity wear buy wallet friendly pieces from Target, Old Navy, Asos, to name a few!

I have been super behind on blog posts.  Busy life = less posts.  I plan on ramping things up this week!  Happy 4th of July!

Love,
First Gen Fam

No comments:

Post a Comment